Night Child Terminology
Table of Contents
- Amāru: the final test to see if a Night Child has control of their Beast and is ready to face the world.
- Beast: the bloodlust which initially overwhelms a new night child and must be carefully controlled the the rest of their lives.
- Crux: the crucial moment at the end of a Night Child’s amāru, or test, when they must choose to resist their Beast even when half-starved and presented with tasty humans full of blood.
- Dust, go to dust: conscious disintegration of the vampire’s form into what seems to be motes of dust. In this form, they can travel through barriers and over great distances, and cannot affect or be affected by the physical world.
- Knife, Sword: the chosen assassin/executioner of the family line. This is a very taxing position and only given to one person at a time.
- Made, Make: the process of becoming a vampire.
- Patron: a human who donates blood to Notte’s family by choice, usually compensated very well.
- Votary: a human who wants to join Notte’s family and is in the process of application (which can take a while).