Note: this is a really simple recipe. You do not actually have to be precise about any of these ingredients. In fact, you can fudge it as you go, and add or subtract anything you like. Just relax and have fun!
- Olive oil (use enough to cover the bottom of the pot)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (feel free to add more!)
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 1/2 cups broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained
In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
Add the garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Add the spices and black beans. Cook until it tastes good.