The first war the world ever knew was so great, so horrific, that nothing could ever compare.
An entire history will be released after Notte is published. In the meantime, here are the salient facts:
- Before the first war, the Peoples were very loosely divided into groups. There was no seeming need for organization like the Wheel of the The Mythos refers to six of the Seven Peoples of the Earth, i.e. the Sun and the Darkness, the Guardians and the Dream, and the Fey and the Kin. "Among the Mythos, who are you?" is the standard greeting, regardless of language. It's a polite way of inquiring the other's heritage, which then gives the one who asked some idea....
- All the cultures intermingled freely, which is why so many Kin already existed.
- The war itself wrecked the world. The last ice age? Due to the war. Earthquakes splitting up continents? Due to the war. The powers at hand spared no consideration for whether the world would survive.
- Indirectly, it’s the reason for parallel worlds. The Dream include any people who live between dimensions and subsist on the essence of dreams of others. [themedy_alertbox icon="" colour="theme" font_awesome_att="" custom_colour=""]Note: this entry will be more relevant if you read this short story first. Enjoy![/themedy_alertbox] World name: The Dream. The occupants are all asleep, so they don't seem to care what it's called. One of the Seven Peoples..., determined to survive, created a new world of their very own and vamoosed.
- The repercussions are just about unending, and fear of another war on this scale drives much of the political choice and People-wide decisions Step into a 15,000-year history through the eyes of its least-expected storytellers.... AMONG THE MYTHOS is a science-fantasy series covering thousands of years through the eyes of history’s outliers, all the way to the end of the Earth—and what comes after. Runaway Fey princes, alien Earths and parallel worlds, ancient warriors and know-it-all brats grace these pages with attitudes and truly epic....
There will be more to come.