Note: this article refers to the people of the Sun’s counterpart to The Shadow's Breath are among the People of the Darkness, and have successfully hidden most of their people's history from the world. They've been called many names: shadow-djinn, demons, nightmares, evil spirits, but most of this is honestly just humans trying to make sense of something scary, beautiful, and dangerous. A few actual facts: They have three hearts. Like most..., simply called The Breath.
These guys are mirror counterparts to the Shadow’s Breath, though if you told either species that, they’d probably kill you.
The Mythos refers to six of the Seven Peoples of the Earth, i.e. the Sun and the Darkness, the Guardians and the Dream, and the Fey and the Kin. "Among the Mythos, who are you?" is the standard greeting, regardless of language. It's a polite way of inquiring the other's heritage, which then gives the one who asked some idea... genealogists generally believe that one of these two came first, and the other resulted from a failed breeding experiment (then just refused to accept that they were Kin). Regardless, they share quite a few similarities with their Shadow counterparts.
- Like most of the People of The Sun include any magical beings with a primary drive and ability to heal. They're great at parties. [themedy_alertbox icon="" colour="theme" font_awesome_att="" custom_colour=""]Note: this is a placeholder. There will be much more information in the future![/themedy_alertbox] World name: Zenith. People of the Sun live an average of three or four thousand years. As they grow older, they grow more powerful, but..., they live an average of three to four thousand years.
- Also like most of their fellows, they can’t reproduce among themselves. Just like The Darkness include any magical beings with a primary drive to devour or collect. [themedy_alertbox icon="" colour="theme" font_awesome_att="" custom_colour=""]Note: this is a placeholder. There will be much more information in the future![/themedy_alertbox] World name: Umbra. The Darkness have a lifespan of three or four thousand years on average. As they grow older, they grow more powerful, but their control (and sanity) tends to..., they need a completely different species in order to procreate successfully.
- One is not considered a member of the Sun unless one shows no heritage from the “other” parent. In this case, that would mean being able to withstand fire, as the Darkness has a lot of trouble with anything burning.
- There are lots and lots of Kin with the Sun in their blood running around, which is why fire magic is so prevalent.
- They control heat, light, and healing – that last is key.
- To deal with them, one must restrict their air. If they cannot breath, they cannot fight.
- The world of the People of the Sun. Incredibly bright and hot, it really seems to be closer to the sun. But that's impossible, right?... is their home, of course. They are fairly amicable, and extremely public: they tend to be involved in social and magical politics.
- The current “leader” of The Sun by election is Xu Kai is the current leader of The Sun by election, and by birth of the green dragons (largely based in the Eastern hemisphere). He's old and wise (as one might expect), and fairly brave. Most of the green and yellow dragons hid underground centuries ago, but not Xu Kai. He has a few more games to play before he..., a Green dragon.